There are thousands of teachers and other experts sharing their experiences, knowledge, lesson plans and ideas all over the web. We can share like never before. Whether you use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, Skype, etc. There are hundreds of people you can follow to expand your PLN.Teachers are always learning, and it has never been easier to connect and learn from others.
We were asked as a Tech Task for this course to start following 10 new people to expand our PLN. Below you will find a few of the people I have been inspired by and began to follow.
1. Zoe Bettes is a third grade teacher from Thompson, Manitoba whom I got paired up with for our mentorship. She posts on her class twitter and instagram often with tons of neat ideas and I am excited to learn more about how she incorporates technology into her classroom. You can follow her on twitter @3BBees and instagram at 3BBees.
2. Darleen Dufour is a third grade teacher from Louisiana who has been teaching for 18 years and incorporates technology including QR codes into her teaching. Her blog is full of lesson ideas and freebies. Follow her blog at http://thirdgradelove.blogspot.ca/
3. Kira Fladager is a literacy coordinator in Regina SK. She posts articles and ideas on promoting literacy. Follow her on twitter @kfladager
4. Miss Freel’s Grade 3s is a grade 3 teacher in Alberta who posts many pictures of her class in action. Follow her on twitter @MissFreel
5. Julie Marciniak is a first grade teacher in Ohio who posts many freebies (lesson plans, worksheets, labels, classroom management ideas) Follow her blog at http://firstgradecrittercafe.blogspot.ca/p/about-me.html
I also followed Carly Fleischmann the subject and coauthor of Carly’s Voice: breaking through autism @CarlysVoice, @edutopia, and many teachers on instagram! As a visual learner I love to see the lessons put into action and the products on instagram.
I am excited to expand my PLN so if you have any suggestions of who I should follow, let me know!